In many ways my recent studio clean resembled an archaeological dig.
Take these blocks for example.
Carbon dated to circa 2008/9, they were found abandoned to the “stuff in the corner” pile.
I had made thirty-eight of them and, as I recall, was very pleased with them. Then I placed them into the arrangement I had planned and…
I hated it. It was not at all what I wanted to see. It was too many seams all converging and odd double strips of fabric.
Realising that sashings were required but lacking the energy required to be bothered, I just muttered under my breath and tossed them into a corner.
I have now rediscovered these blocks, but the problem of not wanting to be bothered to cut sashings remains. Don’t worry, though, because I found this.
Forty pre-cut strips in a shade called natural. As luck would have it they are cut to EXACTLY the the right size for the sashings in this quilt!
There is new hope for these poor abandoned blocks!