THIS AUCTION IS NOW CLOSED.
The recent devastation within my home state has been a cause for profound shock amongst our country.
Record breaking rains have fallen over the past two months and they continue to fall now. An area the size of France and Germany combined is underwater as empty creek beds and dry river systems have filled and combined to form a vast inland sea. The news recently of flash floods and walls of water devastating whole towns – ripping up houses, throwing cars around and taking lives can leave spectators feeling helpless.
However, blogger Toni Coward of Make it Perfect has moved into action. She has organised an online auction with all proceeds going to the Premier’s Flood Relief Appeal. You can find the details by clicking on the link below:
Many bloggers have volunteered crafted items to auction on their blogs to help to raise much needed funds for the many tens of thousands of people who have suffered loss of property and business. A list of these bloggers and their items for auction will be made available on Toni’s blog later in the week. Co-ordinating this event is an enormous effort. I would like to give my thanks to Toni for her time and energy.
Today I would like to offer an item for auction to assist in the fund raising efforts. My offer relies on the generosity of those reading to bid an amount they are willing to pay for the item and commit to pay that amount into the Premier’s Flood Relief Appeal.
I am auctioning a Millie Molly Dolly bag.
This paper doll bag will be made by me for you, complete with all of her little outfits and sent to you postage free anywhere in the world.
Let Imogen show you exactly how this little bag works:
If you would like to have a Millie Molly Dolly bag of your own then the rules for participating in this auction are very simple.
How this action works:
- Bidding starts at $35 Australian.
- Place your bid by adding a comment here stating how much you are willing to offer to own a Millie Molly Dolly bag. Your bid must be greater than the previous bid.
- All bids must be in whole dollar increments.
- The auction is open to all and the price will include postage to any address worldwide.
- The auction is now open and closes at midnight on the 24th of January 2011.
- I will contact the winner at the conclusion of the auction. The winner must commit to sending their bid to the Premier’s Flood Relief Appeal and provide an email receipt as evidence of payment.
- Once I have evidence of payment the Millie Molly Dolly bag will be posted to its new owner.
Your generosity is much appreciated, particularly by those most affected by the floods. I offer you my thanks on their behalf. Please share this auction with as many people as you can. With a little effort from each of us we can make such a big difference to the lives of our fellow human.