I saw Jerry Seinfeld on Enough Rope last week. I always enjoyed Seinfeld (the show) and I found him to be a really fascinating interviewee. One of the philosophies that he holds dear in his life is to fall in love every day. Not the romantic sort of love, but love that makes you stop and appreciate that moment each day when something is fabulous, no matter how unremarkable it may be. This is a feeling that I enjoy when I get to the end of the quilt without the bobbin running out. It won’t impact the nation, but for that second it feels like everything is right with the world.
These are the reasons that I fell in love today.
- I shopped for dinner, refueled the car and picked up my son in just forty minutes.
- I went to the osteopath and she massaged away the knots in my back and shoulders.
- A thoracic surgeon with amazing credentials in Sydney has agreed to see my son in January.
- My son wore deodorant without prompting. (if you collected a 13 year old boy on a hot day and brought him home in a closed car and you would know this is joyous)
- I saw a portly woman smoking right beside a sign which said, “Welcome to Settler’s Alternative Medicine Centre.” Oh the irony!
- My son asked me a question from his year eight maths exam and I got the answer correct, in my head! (If you wonder what it is – A pole is three times the size of a tree. The difference between the two is 15 metres. How tall is the tree?)
- I cut out this giraffe and plan to spend this evening quilting it.
8. We heard this song in the car by a British band with an Australian name and turned it right up and sang along loudly.
I hope that you fell in love today too.