Vicki recently tagged me to complete the ‘four meme’ which is doing the rounds. I have the feeling that I have done this before (feel free to trawl my archives, aim for May/June I think). I have decided to do it again, but this time I will include some blatant lies, just for my own amusement. I know Vicki won’t mind, because she said that South Park was one of her favourite shows, so she doesn’t mind it when people are wicked! Thanks to my son who helped me to lie so creatively, although I don’t really think that I should be encouraging this behaviour.
4 things you may not know about me:
- I had a hysterectomy at the age of 35 due to endometriosis – best thing I ever did!
- I have a tendency to rock myself when I lay down to sleep. I don’t even realise I’m doing it, but my Pete has put up with it every night for more than twenty years.
- I sold my wedding ring on ebay and used the money to buy a plane ticket to Alaska. I have always wanted to see the snow and see a polar bear in the wild. Amazing!
- I hate that people cannot use apostrophes appropriately. It is not a difficult rule. Once I drew a cartoon superhero on my daughter’s assignment when I was proof-reading it. I called him ‘apostrophe man’ and gave him a speech bubble about righting the apostrophe wrongs where ever they are found. I didn’t realise that she had to hand her draft copy in to her teacher. Again, I apologise.
4 Jobs I have had:
- In my uni days I was an ‘inserter’ at the local paper. I went to work at 12 midnight and placed those glossy catalogues one by one into each newspaper. I finished work between 2-4am. This suited me, I was doing a Bachelor of Arts and none of my lectures/tutorials were before midday. Smart lecturers, they knew when to schedule to get the biggest crowd.
- I worked selling raffle tickets for cars in the middle of shopping centres. I have a thing for piped music and thought it was the best way to maximise my enjoyment.
- I have a post graduate teaching qualification which makes me a primary school teacher.
- I am a machine quilter.
4 Movies I could watch over and over:
- chocolat – beautiful
- monty python’s holy grail – hilarious
- flying high – classic
- anything with Kevin Costner in it – his range is so broad
4 TV Shows I watch:
- never miss ‘all saints’ – aussie brilliance
- bold and beautiful – will Brooke and Ridge ever be happy?
- Saturday morning Rage – for twenty years
- Boston Legal – William Shatner is hilarious when he parodies himself
- quilting, although this is profession too, does it still count as a hobby?
- building houses from playing cards – requires a steady hand
- taking photos – but I’m hit and miss
- driving my kids every where they want to go – I didn’t choose this one, it chose me
4 Places I have lived
- Transylvannia – with Tim Curry of course
- three different houses in Townsville – they count
4 Favorite Foods
- anything made with duck, but not the leg – a bit too fatty for me
- tomato, beetroot and sauce sandwiches
- turkey and cranberry sandwich
4 Places I would rather be
- in my own mega-studio with all the things I imagine
- fishing – just love the smell of fish and that rhythmic ocean
- at a Ben Kweller concert
- struggling to think of one more- I am supposed to be grocery shopping now, so I guess I’ve already decided that here is a better place to be
4 Websites I visit daily:
- bloglines to see all of you
- weather.com.au – I’m a little obsessed with knowing the temperature and rainfall totals
- high school musical 2 on youtube
- itunes store
4 people I tag to play this:
- I tag everyone who reads this – HA, but you have to fill it with lies that I will try to find.
So, do you see any of my lies? Try to find them. I’m not a very good liar, but you might not be a very good lie detector!
In the style of Aunty Evil I shall leave you with a mystery photo. What could this be?